What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vfts spotted in video game

Hi all,
Was playing the video game "Psychonauts" and spotted some vfts. You can't interact with them in the game, but they traps look pretty realistic! Hee hee, just found some sarracenia, too!

*sorry if someone already mentioned this - I know the game's been out for awhile. I haven't had much time to check the forums lately.

psychonauts.jpg

psychonauts2.jpg

psychonauts3.jpg

Oh neat,hehe
smile.gif
~Niki~

That's not the only game to have a carnivorous plant in it. In Final Fantasy VII there's a whole secret area of the game that has a bunch of puzzles to get through this forest. Like you have to pick up frogs and feed it to the correct Nepenthes plants so they close their lids so you can use them to jump across gaps. And at one part you have to throw a frog in a pitcher and stand on top of the nepenthes to wait for the frog to jump out, causing the lid of the pitcher to fling you over to a hidden trail. xD It's pretty innacurate but still funny.

oh god i LOVED FFVII!

In Myst III there's a segment of the game where your goal is to save a bird from a giant nep by shocking it's roots... very cool.

I own and have played through Psychonauts (awesome game by the way) and I remember seeing the Venus Flytraps outside the asylum. I don't remember seeing the Sarracenia though. What part is that?

I also remember that part in FF7 (another great game by the way-one of my favorites). I'll have to check out Myst 3 though...

There are also VFT's in the game Coded Arms for PSP.

I tend to see them a lot in Japanese games. It's very interesting.

Can't also forget about the piranha plants in Super Mario Brothers 1-3.

Right! Can't forget them! They're evil though!... Oh yeah..and they shoot fire occasionally....I wish my VFT did that... *daydreams*...That's "hot"... xD

Psychonauts is freaking awesome. I remember the part with the Flytraps (the part with Linda and Lungfishopolis is one of my favorite parts in terms of humore- I even names a giant bug that attacked me one night "Kochamara.") but was on the console version so I couldn't take screenshots. I'm glad to see other people here have played and enjoyed the game.
smile.gif
Ooh, I overlooked the Sarras as well.
smile_n_32.gif

or the VFT-wannabes in Crash Bandicoot
smile.gif
i want my vft to shoot out exploding seeds....

I wasn't as much a fan of FFVII although it's an FF game and therefore always excellent. I really enjoyed the charm of FFIII better. Bit annoyed that FF went to Playstation at that time, but glad it's sort of back on Nintendo. I had to borrow my friend's Playstation to play that run of the series.

And of course, y'all should know about the giant Deku Baba plants in the newer Zelda games. They're like the Super Mario Bros. pirahna plants, but they can sprout suddently and chomp towards you instead of spitting fireballs.

LLeopardGGecko - the sarracenia are just behind the gates outside of the asylum. It's really dark there, so as you can see I had to light it up a bit.
smile.gif
I think there was a second one on the path towards that freaky actress.

PiranhaPlant - with a name like that, who could forget? I have a pirahna plant shirt that says "byte me". Here's the link if you're interested in seeing it. Shirt

I figure it works on four levels - CPs, Nintendo, my computer job, and my obnoxious nature on the weekends

And don`t forget Flaghra(Metroid Prime) and the Splorbs(Metroid Prime 2 Echoes) Yeah those boka babu things are cool and they give you a seed that you make magic potion with Lol.

Back