What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood meal

hello everyone!
just got back from home depot (where they had a very much dead d.binata that i would have bought if it was alive) with a bag of blood meal that i'm planning on using on my cp's.  i seem to remember someone mentioning it in the past, but my search turned up nothing.  anyone ever use blood meal as a suppliment on their cps?  have any tips on application methods and amounts?

thanks,
tech...

A quick forum search reveal this topic:

bloodmeal

With Google, I came up with this analysis fo bloodmeal:

bloodmeal analysis

Personally, I just gather a bunch of fruit rinds and the like, put them in a cup, open a window, and let nature have at it.

sounds fine to me.

Bloodmeal,, Bad memories,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Aug. 21 2005,8:19)]Bloodmeal,, Bad memories,
any specific reason why? you do know that it's for your plants, right?

I know what it's for, the bad memories come from seeing it made. being covered in it, smelling it, and not being able to get the smell out of my nose.

I'm looking for info on Blood meal in Sarracenia.

thanks!

if your going to use it, be careful.....the only fertilizers with more nitrogen than blood mean are the man made ones, out of any natural/organic fert, blood meal has the highest amount of nitrogen readily available for plant use.......you can burn regular plants with blood meal....be very careful if your going to use it for CP's..........

Back