What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone familiar with cortizone shots?

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
I dunno what to say... other than you poor baby and I do mean that sincerely. I hate pain.  Have you tried a dietician? Sometimes they can help you sort out your diet to reduce your salt intake to that which would minimize swelling. I went in and sat down with a dietician. She showed me labels to Campbell's and Lipton soups and I about fell over. Most lunch meats are right up there too as are most prepared foods such as tv dinners (do they still call those Swanson dinners that any more?) and you'd be shocked if you saw the sodium content in one McDonald's Quarter Pounder. Forget their fries. We switched over to Morton Low-sodium and No-Salt for cooking at my home. I don't know if weight is an issue for you. What about dietary supplements? Do you have a health food store anywhere around you where you could discuss your knee problems and see what they might suggest? Weight has not been an issue for me but they got their point across when they had me pick up a 12 pound bowling ball and instructed me to walk around their office. It is my understanding that the loss of even as little as 10-15 pounds can substantially reduce stress on one's joints. And swimming is a great low-impact way to strenghten joints if your doctor approves the activity. I swim regularly even if it is only for a half hour a few times a week while the kids are in other activities. Might as well do something when I am stuck waiting for kids at the Sports Complex. Just a thought.  I'm really sorry you are having such horrible knee problems.

as long as im doing the cooking i have a fairly low salt diet. so much so that i have to eat a package of saltine crackers every so often to keep my calves from cramping up cause i dont get enough salt. i guess the next thing to try is Cortizone in either in shot or pill form and go from there. i could probably stand to loose a few pounds but i had about as bad of problems when i was 20 pounds lighter.

Back