What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On which side do you chew your food?

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date

On which side do you chew your food? -

• I chew them mainly on my left.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I chew them mainly on my right.

• I don't differentiate. Both left and right.

• Either left or right, depending on type of food.

• Total voters

Cindy

Staff member
Well, well...I just went for my wisdom teeth extraction this morning (somehow, "teeth" don't sound right but I extracted top and bottom so...).

They were on the left and I am a left chewer. Now I have difficulty "sending" my food to the right side of my mouth to be chewed and swallowed. Btw, the way, I'm right-handed.

So I wondered, there must be differences among us. Which side are you on?  
smile.gif

Actually.......Ive changed the side which I chew food many, many times over the years, at first its not easy but it gets easier and then if I decided to go back to the original side it was difficult to!
At the moment I chew mainly on the right......although that could change at any time
smile_n_32.gif

I am a left chewer and right handed as well. The last tooth on the top left is deteriorating and has been recommended for extraction. Hmmm.....

Hmmmmmmmm....let me go eat something and I'll come back and tell you.
laugh.gif

pak i had to do the same, well i ate breakfast and noticed i eat suculent foods and soft foods on my left and harder foods on my right.
smile.gif

Hmmm...it was a hard choice. I think which side I chew on varies...so I said "don't differientiate." I think right now I'm favoring the left.

Mostly in the middle! If I had to choose though, it would be the right (right handed).

If its in the middle...then its just on your tongue...not your teeth...
confused.gif

Is this a British thing kinda like driving on the wrong side of the road??

smile_m_32.gif
laugh.gif

it used to be both without favorin either. now its almost totally right sided. but thats cause i busted a molar 3 years ago and havent gotten it fixed. i should get it yanked one of these days but since i have got my self rained to chew on the right side it doesnt cause problems.

pak: lol thats funny

rattler: ouch, by busted do you mean fractured? the sooner you get to a dentist the better( i hate my dentist she is arabian and speaks with a heavy accent and im not racist but i cant understand one thing she says, cyaty or cavity
confused.gif
)
i also think novacane is useless

fractured as in originally cracked(i didnt know it at the time) it eventually fell apart and only about half of its there now. the nerve has been exposed for over a year now. actually it only bothers if i get a piece of ice or some ice cream down in the hollow. that will about put me into tears but other than that it doesnt bug me enough to make the 240 mile round trip trek to the dentist and pay the $70 to get it yanked. i just chew on the right side of my mouth instead
smile_m_32.gif

I always chew my food on the inside of my mouth.

mmmm, weird question, i tink cookies and food right, but sometimes i eat quaker bars from left, hehe, im scared abouth the doctor that take u teeth out u mouth, hehe, good luck and get well soon.

Today is the day. I look like I'm hidding a bun on the left side of my mouth. I was eating this morning and my husband asked why I am still chewing on my left! He thought my food was there...
smile_h_32.gif
I wanna cry! He was very amused 'cos I looked like a hamster trying to hoard food...

Ohh dentist. ::shudders:: I hate those. I don't like my teeth messed with. I am lucky to have straight teeth, although I do have a small overbite. Ah well.
When I was young, I would bite the dentist. =)

I used to not even differentiate, but I shattered a tooth on my left side with a [now absent] tongue rim piercing. I still find it difficult to chew on that side despite having a cap fitted - it still hurts. My parents weren't all too happy about paying for that one. My right side gets to do all the work now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Aug. 30 2005,8:15)]I always chew my food on the inside of my mouth.
But is your mouth closed?
smile_m_32.gif

No options fit me, whicher one has the least broken teeth!
smile.gif

Back