Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice evolution controversy article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Aug. 31 2005,9:21)]To quote the title of the current road rage topic; "it doesn't pay to get all worked up."
    LOL Bruce. To steal and modify another quote: 'If you post it, they will come...'
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! you think THAT'S being worked up?
    I even tried reading it as objectively as I could (without remembering what I was actually thinking) and it doesn't really look like I was worked up.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Aug. 31 2005,3:50)]We don't need yet another hastily typed, poorly spelled debate here. The article gives a nice overview and says where to read more. None of us have anything worth adding.
    Dont prezoom too speek four me I have lots werth ading and i spel gud
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 31 2005,5:05)]It still boils down to whom or what initiated all this: God or randomness.
    Can you say with certainty the two are mutually exclusive?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]besides, you can predict what atoms will do.
    Try telling that one to Heisenberg. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Quote[/b] ]That's like smashing a computer and seeing it's components to see how it works.
    one cannot say a computer is random because we don't know what goes on inside it.
    But... But I created my computer. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_t_32.gif[/img]

Quote[/b] ]wrong. There's nothing random about evolution, as it is natural SELECTION
    Just FYI, there is. There is a degree of randomness in everything, Mendelian principles, evolution, the works (I realize this could qualify as a nitpick, but that's not the intent...)

Quote[/b] ]Can you say with certainty the two are mutually exclusive?
    Thank you for bringing up this often ignored point. Some people go "Science science science," some other people go "Jesus Jesus Jesus," when did we eliminate the posability of things not being so cut and dry (gasp! can you imagine?!)

(Ok, most of this is for joke purposes, I don't need some random person going on to wikipedia and trying to make any statements more valid [it's a joke, you get to bend things], or someone going ape over the computer comment. Man I hate having to do disclaimers.)
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bottom line is: darwin/evolution is a man-made theory and nothing more. No one will ever be able to explain the way of God's will, for he works in ways we cannot understand.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Debating is good for the soul. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Aug. 31 2005,11:57)]No one will ever be able to explain the way of God's will, for he works in ways we cannot understand.
    Please explain that to the people who keep telling me how God works.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast