Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice evolution controversy article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The bottom line is: darwin/evolution is a man-made theory and nothing more. No one will ever be able to explain the way of God's will, for he works in ways we cannot understand.
    Unless you have conclusive proof otherwise, god is a man made theory too.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luis: Although I didn't call it natural selection, that's what I intended.

JBL: Well I was going to say something about cornfields to be funny, but then I realized that there was something useful from that movie. Remember how the family members thought that the father was nuts at first? They didn't see the ballfield and the players if they didn't believe / have faith. It was sheer nonsense to them. Only when they exercised a smidgeon of "want to" within themselves, did they see the field and ballplayers.

Scott: There are those who feel that the 6 consecutive 24 hour periods was the way things happened and therefore evolution could not have occurred. But things don't have to be interpreted that way. Could God have done things that way? Yes? Did He? I can't say for certain, but I kinda doubt it. Is it wrong to think that He chose to use what we understand to be and call evolution as His way of doing things? No. Can I prove one way or the other? No. I don't think that God & evolution is mutually exclusive at all.

Troy, et al: There is nothing out there associated with God, the Bible, etc.... that can be deemed proof, that an atheist or "devil's advocate" can't rationalize away. I know, because I was and atheist before I became a Christian. I wanted proof and didn't get any. All one could do is point to evidences, many of them. Taken together, they still won't convince a person who has made up their mind that it is all garbage. But to a person who has a want to attitude, who is expressing some amount of faith, it makes sense - a lot of sense. And that urges that kind of person to dig deeper and look for more. That further allows their faith to grow. Can a person of strong faith convince an atheist or devil's advocate of truth? For the most part - no. But I am proof that it isn't impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hate how the general public does not know the difference between a theory and fact. From wikipedia: "people use the word "theory" to signify "conjecture", "speculation", or "opinion". In contrast, a scientific theory is a model of the world (or some portion of it) from which falsifiable hypotheses can be generated and be verified through empirical observation. In this sense, "theory" and "fact" do not stand in opposition, but rather exist in a reciprocal relationship for example, it is a "fact" that an apple dropped on earth will fall towards the center of the planet in a straight line, and the "theory" which explains it is the current theory of gravitation. Currently, the modern synthesis is the most powerful theory explaining variation and speciation, and within the science of biology, it has completely replaced earlier accepted explanations for the origin of species, including creationism and Lamarckism."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and evolution has nothing to do with the origins of life!! Every time the 'evolution debate' come up, so does the origins of life debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also posted this in the forum this came from before I saw this one so here it is again...

Here's a good article on the debate itself occurring here.

~ Brett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not had the slightest problem with the theory of evolution since I was touched by the Noodly Appendage of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and converted to Pastafarianism.
    See here: http://www.venganza.org/
    RAmen.
    T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is incredible.

~ Brett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Literally.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast