User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 98

Thread: Nice evolution controversy article

  1. #25
    endparenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 01 2005,6:52)]There is nothing out there associated with God, the Bible, etc.... that can be deemed proof, that an atheist or "devil's advocate" can't rationalize away. I know, because I was and atheist before I became a Christian. I wanted proof and didn't get any. All one could do is point to evidences, many of them. Taken together, they still won't convince a person who has made up their mind that it is all garbage. But to a person who has a want to attitude, who is expressing some amount of faith, it makes sense - a lot of sense. And that urges that kind of person to dig deeper and look for more. That further allows their faith to grow. Can a person of strong faith convince an atheist or devil's advocate of truth? For the most part - no. But I am proof that it isn't impossible.
    Both sides would be guilty of faulty, top-down thinking if they had already made up their minds that something must be garbage and rejected any further information on it. I agree with you completely on always digging deeper.

  2. #26
    nrbelex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the IPU?



    ~ Brett

  3. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK.
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, yes, I remember that one......

    How can it be I and P at the same time , for example?

    LOL,
    RAmen
    T.

  4. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (tonyc @ Sep. 01 2005,4:15)]Oh, yes, I remember that one......

    How can it be I and P at the same time , for example?

    LOL,
    RAmen
    T.
    once you can answer that, you will be a master theologian.
    My Grow List

    "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

  5. #29
    Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    18,768
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nrbelex @ Sep. 01 2005,4:04)]Remember the IPU?



    ~ Brett
    That's a new one on me, but a reference to the spaghetti showed up on a topic a few months ago.

    Why pink, though? Personally, I prefer turquoise. Oh well.

  6. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]darwin/evolution is a man-made theory and nothing more.
    gravity is a man-made theory. The structure, function, and dynamics of atoms are a man-made theory. continental drifting, the FACT that the sun is in the "middle" of the solar system and not the earth is a man made theory, etc. What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I really hate how the general public does not know the difference between a theory and fact
    yep. And to add to the def. you posted, Evolution is one of the most roboust theories in science.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Unless you have conclusive proof otherwise, god is a man made theory too
    god is not a theory, it's not even a hypothesis.

    lol since we're giving links to invisible pink unicorns and it's holyness the flying spaghetti monster, here:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Intelligent Falling proposes that things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence is pushing them down. This is supported by the assertion that theories explaining gravity are not internally consistent and mathematically irreconcilable with quantum mechanics.

    The arguments made for Intelligent Falling largely follow the line of arguments used to support Intelligent Design. Based on the argument used to explain why Intelligent Design should be taught in school along with the theory of evolution, requests are made throughout the internet arguing that Intelligent Falling should be taught in schools as alternate to gravity, to enable students to make 'an informed decision' on the subject
    and here is the offshoot of the flying spaghetti monster, SPAM- http://www.yoism.org/index.php?id=spam
    note: SPAM (Spaghetti & Pulsar Activating Meatballs)
    and i'm pretty sure there are others out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Try telling that one to Heisenberg
    I don't know what else he said, if anything, but wasn't he the guy of the uncertainty principle? That only says you can't know where electrons are right? it doesn't say anything about predicting what atoms themselves will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Just FYI, there is. There is a degree of randomness in everything, Mendelian principles, evolution, the works
    I have no idea... can you elaborate?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  7. #31
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sits on TheAlphaWolf
    that makes no logic

  8. #32
    StifflerMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    339
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the "Intelligent Falling" thing, funny.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •