Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice evolution controversy article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 01 2005,6:52)]There is nothing out there associated with God, the Bible, etc.... that can be deemed proof, that an atheist or "devil's advocate" can't rationalize away. I know, because I was and atheist before I became a Christian. I wanted proof and didn't get any. All one could do is point to evidences, many of them. Taken together, they still won't convince a person who has made up their mind that it is all garbage. But to a person who has a want to attitude, who is expressing some amount of faith, it makes sense - a lot of sense. And that urges that kind of person to dig deeper and look for more. That further allows their faith to grow. Can a person of strong faith convince an atheist or devil's advocate of truth? For the most part - no. But I am proof that it isn't impossible.
    Both sides would be guilty of faulty, top-down thinking if they had already made up their minds that something must be garbage and rejected any further information on it. I agree with you completely on always digging deeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the IPU?

~ Brett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, yes, I remember that one......

How can it be I and P at the same time , for example?

LOL,
    RAmen
    T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (tonyc @ Sep. 01 2005,4:15)]Oh, yes, I remember that one......

How can it be I and P at the same time , for example?

LOL,
    RAmen
    T.
    once you can answer that, you will be a master theologian.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (nrbelex @ Sep. 01 2005,4:04)]Remember the IPU?

~ Brett
    That's a new one on me, but a reference to the spaghetti showed up on a topic a few months ago.

Why pink, though? Personally, I prefer turquoise. Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]darwin/evolution is a man-made theory and nothing more.
    gravity is a man-made theory. The structure, function, and dynamics of atoms are a man-made theory. continental drifting, the FACT that the sun is in the "middle" of the solar system and not the earth is a man made theory, etc. What's your point?
    Quote[/b] ]I really hate how the general public does not know the difference between a theory and fact
    yep. And to add to the def. you posted, Evolution is one of the most roboust theories in science.
    Quote[/b] ]Unless you have conclusive proof otherwise, god is a man made theory too
    god is not a theory, it's not even a hypothesis.

lol since we're giving links to invisible pink unicorns and it's holyness the flying spaghetti monster, here:
    Quote[/b] ]Intelligent Falling proposes that things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence is pushing them down. This is supported by the assertion that theories explaining gravity are not internally consistent and mathematically irreconcilable with quantum mechanics.

The arguments made for Intelligent Falling largely follow the line of arguments used to support Intelligent Design. Based on the argument used to explain why Intelligent Design should be taught in school along with the theory of evolution, requests are made throughout the internet arguing that Intelligent Falling should be taught in schools as alternate to gravity, to enable students to make 'an informed decision' on the subject
    and here is the offshoot of the flying spaghetti monster, SPAM- http://www.yoism.org/index.php?id=spam
    note: SPAM (Spaghetti & Pulsar Activating Meatballs)
    and i'm pretty sure there are others out there.
    Quote[/b] ]Try telling that one to Heisenberg
    I don't know what else he said, if anything, but wasn't he the guy of the uncertainty principle? That only says you can't know where electrons are right? it doesn't say anything about predicting what atoms themselves will do.
    Quote[/b] ]Just FYI, there is. There is a degree of randomness in everything, Mendelian principles, evolution, the works
    I have no idea... can you elaborate?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sits on TheAlphaWolf
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the "Intelligent Falling" thing, funny.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast