Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice evolution controversy article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked for a link, but couldn't find it. It's was a big story in the actual magazine... I know that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this the article?

I posted this thread about Wikipedia a while ago and got no real response so I didn't realize there was so much overlap between the two sites. Then again, I should have figured that the 53rd most popular website on the web would have a lot of overlap. Anybody who wants to chat on my Wikipedia talk page can find it here.

~ Brett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bingo, that's the one.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony: What's an FSM? Are they anything like the Q continuum? Yes, I was alluding to CPUK.

Michael, et al: I have no problem with harmonizing God creating and utilizing what we call evolution or natural selection as His way of doing things. You will find that there are Christians who take Biblical creation literally (6 consecutive 24 hour periods / 4004 bc as well as many that don't think it needs to be taken literally. I fall into the latter camp. "religious people" and Christians should not be equated. They are not the same. Also, someone who calls themselves, "Christian", as opposed to "a Christian" is entirely different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem with those who believe that the 'spark of life' was created by god, or some other intelligent being. And most decent scientists have no problem with it, that is one's religious beliefs. Which is outside of the realm of science. The problem I have, and many others have, is that this creation argument has no foundation in science, and therefore shouldn't be taught in science classes, as a science. Sure you could propose it as a hypothesis, but to support this hypothesis it is going to need, yup, observable support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I have no problem with harmonizing God creating and utilizing what we call evolution or natural selection as His way of doing things.
    An intelligent being guiding evolution and natural selection perhaps? I, and many others, have a problem however with this concept being taught in the schools as science. Sure it adds the components of evolution and natural selection to keep the scientists happy, and components of God to make others happy. But it is not a scientific theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]The problem I have, and many others have, is that this creation argument has no foundation in science
    True, because truth isn't bound by science. Genesis was written in a way that can be translated several different ways, hence the confusion. But take the prophecies. Biblical prophecies have nothing to do with science, and yet so far all are true.

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]What's an FSM?
    flying spaghetti monster.
    nrbelex, weird. I didn't see that thread. We need more CP articles (and other random organism articles too), but I don't have much to add to wikipedia.
    Haven't finished the wired article :P
    Quote[/b] ]Biblical prophecies have nothing to do with science, and yet so far all are true.
    what biblical prophecies? Mind you, prophesies that come true later in the book don't count.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast