What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just found a snake

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Sometimes you make the greatest finds when you least expect it.
I was in my room, on my pc when I heard my mom yell for me. As I was going to see what she wanted I heard her say "SNAKE". My mom hates snakes and kills them whenever she sees one. But since I moved back in with her I have told her not to kill them and I would remove them from the yard whenever she found one. I went outside and she said it was on the fence. She said my dog Moonshine, had been barking at it and cornered it on the fence. I saw the snake but it was really dark. I tried to get close to it, to see what kind it was and it struck at me, but I was well out of striking range of it. I went to my van to get my flash light but it was locked. I told my mom to go in and get my keys. I stood out and made sure the snake didn't get off the fence. She gave me the keys and I went and unlocked the van, got my flash light, and went back to see what kind of snake it was. As soon as the light hit the snake I realized I had a copperhead.
19924521O744750850.jpg

19924583O874038709.jpg

19924699O598952608.jpg

After I took the last pic he decided that he didn't want his picture taken anymore and started to make his way to the ground. I had already gotten my snake tongs, and I grabbed him and took him to a nearby ditch and let him go. This was my first experience with a live poisonous snake. Man that just made my whole weekend.

and its a very pretty one to. they are one of the few hots i wouldnt mind working with.

Very majestic snake. Good find Ozzy

A dog named "Moonshine"...I love it.
The snake is kool also.

bloody mary I didn't know they could climb!
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This was my first experience with a live poisonous snake.
VENOMOUS snake.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Animal toxins that are delivered subcutaneously (e.g. by sting or bite) are also called venom. In normal usage, a poisonous organism is one that is harmful to consume, but a venomous organism uses poison to defend itself while still alive. A single organism can be both venomous and poisonous
I've never heard of a poisonous snake, and I've heard/read/seen from survival people that you can eat any reptile in NA if you have to.

Man, why you got to be so perfect on everything?
confused.gif

it's not about being perfect, it's about being right. I don't go around telling people about their spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes (well... not usually.. only if it's like big... but I don't use proper english half the time anyway), but I believe in saying what you mean and meaning what you say. Poisonous and venomous are two very different things.
Not saying what you mean leads to confusion.

True but there's no need to nitpic on something that don't realy matter.

it may not matter to you but it matters to me.
others may not care whether one plant is a sarr. or a nep. but you'd correct them wouldn't you?
and what about other people? I wasn't just talking to you I was talking to everyone in general.

well who else here cares if I said poisonous instead of venomous?

it's not about who cares what you said, it's about who cares to know the info. Not very many people know the difference between poisonous and venomous as they pretty much use it interchangeably, and some people might want to know.

Tact! Learn it, use it.

smile.gif

Great pictures. What do snake tongs look like? In my head I'm picturing giant salad tongs. Is it anything like what they put on crocodile/alligator heads? A pole with a noose-ish thing on the end?

OHH for a second there I thought this was a thread about PAK and was thinking..
It's not nice to call PAK a snake
smile_h_32.gif

Tony

ps I like the critter wrapped up in your fence.

pps.. ok I am going to bed now

A short play

Scene 1 "At the zoo"

Crowd (running by):  Run for your life!  The poisonous snakes all escaped!

Alpha Wolf:  I've never heard of a poisonous snake, and I've heard/read/seen from survival people that you can eat any reptile in NA if you have to.

More crowd (running by):  Don't stand there!  The poisonous snakes are coming this way.

Alpha Wolf:  But I believe in saying what you mean and meaning what you say. Poisonous and venomous are two very different things.

Still more crowd (still running by):  The poisonous snakes are right behind us!  Run before they're here!

Alpha Wolf:  It may not matter to you but it matters to me.

Stragglers (hobbling by):  Ouch, ouch, ouch!  The poisonous snakes are biting!

Alpha Wolf:  It's not about who cares what you said, it's about who cares to know the info. Not very many people know the difference between poisonous and venomous as they pretty much use it interchangeably, and some people might want to know.

Scene 2 "At the Morgue"

Coroner:  Yes, he was was definitely bitten by poisonous snakes.

Orderly:  It really doesn't make any difference to him now, but they're actually venomous snakes.

lmao
smile_n_32.gif

that is one of the funniest things i've ever read. LLMMAAOO!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LOL! hahaha
laugh.gif

That's like the question "How can you tell if you're being attacked by an alligator or a crocodile?"

It really doesn't matter.

Back