What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yay!  Baby is here!  Pics inside!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Today is the day Adnedarn (Andrew) and Deangela will get to see their little girl Laurel! ETA is around 3 p.m. I think I heard the swooshing of wings as the stork passed overhead on his way to Arizona.
smile_l_32.gif

Congratulations and best wishes to all three of you.
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see pictures and get all the "stats".

Welcome to the world, Laurel!

Congratulations! My condolences about the impending lack of sleep and crying every day for the next couple few years.
smile_m_32.gif

Life will never be the same. I remember becoming a parent in my 20's, I thought it was all over - it wasn't planned, but I took to it like a sundew to sphagnum and some of the happiest moments came from being a parent. I would encourage anyone to have kids, even with the problems in the world, because children bring hope and the world needs that. Congratulations and blessings to you both.

Still waiting on the word...

Geez Andrew...you know you have nothing more important to do than updating the forum folks.
laugh.gif
smile_m_32.gif

congrats to u both

may ur days be filled with sleepness nights
smile_m_32.gif

If that is 3pm west coast time the baby should be being born right about now.
smile.gif

A girl huh? Well congratulations bro.. you have 12 wonderful years ahead of you.. hehe

Steve

Ohhhh yeah...I forgot about the time difference. Darn it! And they don't participate in Daylight Savings Time either. Now I'm really confused...

No time to talk... But 2 quick pics for you....
Me, Deangela, Laurel, and Laurel
faminor.jpg

Deangela and Laurel
launmom.jpg

Back to the hospital for now... Details later. Fine, a few now...
19.5 inches long 7 lb 4.5 oz 9-12-05 5:19pm

In the first pic she looks about as happy as I would be if I found out that you were my daddy.

Congradulations.
smile.gif

Those photos made my day! I can't believe I am sitting here in front of a computer with tears in my eyes. I've never even met either of you in person but you two are totally awesome to let us see these photos. My only regrets are that I am just finding this thread now and the kids went to bed hours ago. They would have liked to have seen the baby from the ultrasound we saved but seeing her will have to wait. I can't believe she has such a perfect little head. Usually they all seem to be cone heads but not Laurel. And your wife, oh my gosh. She doesn't look like she had a baby at all but as if she went in for a regular check up and I see you smiling under that mask- your eyes tell it all. Way to go! We finally see the pin up babe in real life that's been on our refrigerator for months. The kids love that ultrasound. God Bless all three of you!
Bye for now,
Laura

When you have a spare moment would you please pm me with your personal e-mail address.  Thanks, Laura

EXCELLENT and man o man does she have your look or WHAT!!!! YEEEEEHAWWWWWW! Whoot whoot whoot!!! Way to GO bro!!! I do believe I shall pop the top of a good ale and toast the Beauchamps! Best I've felt in months!!!! Give my best to Deangela too!!!

Congrats, Andrew! My hubby wants sons only because he's too afraid to have a daughter.

Imagine the 9pm curfew and she's a minute late...you'll be pacing...2 minutes late and you'll be at the door. 3 minutes late and you'll open the door!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Awwwwwwwww!!! She's beautiful!!
biggrin.gif
Boy...Deangela looks great! And...uh...well...your eyes look sparkly!

Looks like a happy mamma and pappa! Well...from that moment on...life will never be the same. Laurel Beauchamp will be the apple of your eye and the center of your life. Move over ferretts and pup!
smile_n_32.gif

Happy Birthday to Laurel and congratulations to you and Deangela.
biggrin.gif

Thanks all for the very kind words. Deangela will be happy to read all of this when she finnaly gets home.
smile.gif
I actually looked at some of the surgury, there isn't much you can see over the curtain, but that's good since i faint easily anyway... Deangela does look pretty good huh? durring this pic, the Doc. Was still putting her back together. LOL Wait till i show you all the picture of the hand off... baby to nurse... it's an action shot... Blood dripping off of doc's hand and all... Okay, maybe i WON'T show you that one.. LOL
Here is a update: After surgury deangela had a problem with high blood pressure, but after one dose of medicine it came down and has been fine. Laurel has been moved back to the NICU for "grunting" which is kinda common for c section babies (excess moisture in the lungs) since she doesn't get squeezed out like a normal birth. But this morning she is looking better... So maybe soon we can have her back in our room. Deangela, early this morning got in a wheel chair and went to the NICU and held Laurel for a lil while. so, it seems mom is progressing well also. As for dad... That fold out chair, into a "bed" (is under 2 feet wide really BED??) Doesn't exactly let me sleep well... Alwell.. I guess i'm the least of all worries.
smile_n_32.gif
laurel.jpg
Hope that holds you over till we get her in our room and some more pics. Right now there are all those cables and IVs and stuff.... so... that's all for now!!
Andrew

OH, and i know the pics are big PAK but i took the quality way down to keep file size down... I thought you all might like it better to be able to see.
smile.gif

Welllllllllllll...just this once I forgive you for the big pics. lol
smile_m_32.gif

I hope Deangela feels better today. That's some kind of surgery. She sure looks great though! If she feels bad she hides it well. I've had surgery before and I can tell you I didn't look or feel good for quite a while. lol I'm sure Laurel will be back with you soon.

Can't wait to see more pics.
smile.gif

Congratulations Andrew, this has been a great few days for me and I'm sure everyone else here, including your family!

Amori

Aww, congratulations! LOL Just got a baby and already making "action shot" jokes about passing the baby... Seems like you and your wife are ready to spring in to action with this baby! Congrats again, she's beautiful.
smile.gif

Back