What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone try this?

• Thread starter CopcarFC
  • Start date
Has anyone tried to use one of these?

It looks like a cool system but only 9 watts of light makes me wonder.

-Rail

Definately not worth it. Stick with a 4ft shoplight. You can get 2 bulbs and the fixture for a lot cheaper. Plus you will have more grow space then. I don't know about you but I need more room than one pot.

I've never tried that, but the wattage is WAY too low to grow CPs successfully. It may be full spectrum, but wattage is much more important than spectrum.

Thats what I was thinking, I just wanted something to grow 1 pot of VFT's on my desk in the open. I wonder if I can modify it for a more powerfull CF light? Anyway I guess I will have to just make my own desk system.

-Rail

Get one of those adjustable gooseneck type desk lamps and stick a 35w-45w CF bulb in it.

Tony

Thats what I'm planning, I just thought the grow system would be better looking.

-Rail

Well it looks spiffy..

IF you were just using it to suppliment a nice sunny window then it would probably suffice.. at most.

Tony

I just went to Lowes today and I HAD to buy a VFT they had ( Massive Traps ). I also got one of those clip on light fixturers and a 30w CF bulb. It wont be as pretty, but it'll work for a desk.

-Rail

Hey Copcar, could you post a picture of the CF you got, along with the packaging? Every time I go to Lowe's I can never seem to find anything higher than 23 watt CFs. They also usually only have soft white light bulbs...

Hayul, Ah got mahseff one a them intelljunt plant lights raht outside mah winder. Fokes round these here parts, they calls it "The Sun".

"Moisture sensor indicates when plant needs water."
<snort> I don't know about y'all, but anybody who needs a "moisture sensor" to indicate when the plant needs water should not be allowed within twenty feet of ANY plant. Good grief...

And what urinates me off the most: SIXTY bux for something you can cobble together for five...the cheek!

^ LOL ^

Are you trying to imply that because I'm a Texan I sound like that?
smile.gif

LLeopardGGecko, I can't take pics but I have the packaging right here it is...

30w Sylvania soft white mini 100+
Red and white packaging

It was right there with all the other CF's, it was the most powerfull they had. I'm not sure why your store dose not have it.

-Rail

Back