What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Click the thumbnails to expand the pictures.

Here is my bog garden, made from a 60-gallon pond:

In the middle is a white 5-gallon plastic pail, drilled full of holes, so I can see the level of the water table, and also to house some U. gibba.  I already have some S. alata from Covington LA planted in it.

Here are two close-ups of the U. gibba growing in the bog garden.  It is flowering quite prolifically:

Here are the S. alata I rescued from Covington, Louisiana with Mike Howlett (HoustonHerp).  These will be transplanted into the bog garden just before next growing season, while they are still dormant:

Here is a shot of my flowering U. dichotoma in my indoor greenhouse:

Here is a close-up of a N. bicalcarata pitcher in my indoor greenhouse.  You can just see the fangs:

Sweet plants Scott! I would really love to set up an outdoor bog garden like yours someday. That's a great idea for viewing the water table, I would have never thought of putting in a pail with holes in it!

Some more pics:

My indoor greenhouse:

Some Nepenthes in my living room (left, N. miranda; right, N. coccinea (spotted pitchers)):

Some more Nepenthes in my living room (left, N. coccinea (solid pitchers); right, N. ventrata):

S. wrigleyana 'Scarlet Belle':

D. binata glittering in the sun:

Nice setup(s)!

Very impressive!

Back