What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alright here they are

You have nice little plants and you have the right idea of putting them into separate pots. I don't want to discourage you, but you know what I'd do though?

1. I'd transplant them into plastic pots because the peat pot will break down. While transplanting, I;d add a little sand to the mix to make it 50:50 peat:sand.

2. I'd remove the extra soil between the pots and let this extra mix dry, store it, and microwave it if you decide to use it later.

3. Your plastic tray will come in handy. You can keep the separated pots in that plastic bucket and add water to the bucket to keep the soil moist.

But, if you decide to keep the plants as they are, just be careful about overwatering; having a lot of soil that's not filled with roots promotes the growth of things that can harm the plants.

Let me or the others know if you have any more questions.

What do the rest of you guys on the forum think? Good luck.

Back