What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light for night viewing

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
I'm working on designs for a new terrarium and I'd like to light it at night, both for the sake of viewing my plants and lighting my living room in the middle of the night. What type of light or filter could I use to do this? I have some plants that are sensitive to photoperiods, particularly my Schlumbergia, so I'd like to find a light that won't disrupt them. I was thinking something akin to moonlight would be ideal, but I don't know what kind of equipment I'd use. I assume that lights with low PAR emittance would be the least disruptive, but what spectrum is best? I once heard of using blacklights to this end, but I don't much care for blacklights. Any thoughts?
~Joe

I don't really have any advice but I sure like your idea! It would be so cool to be able to view my CPs at night under special lights
cool.gif

The only lights I know that have little-to-no photosynthetic properties are blacklights but that might get annoying after a while.

Zac

maybe actinic?

Back