What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Temporary housing

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
smile.gif
Ok heres just a few quick pics, yes i know my cam is a cheesy one and pics dont come outright. For some reason the lighting makes the pics look yellow when the lighting isnt.  Anyways do it look ok for now?? Remember guys im just starting out and am new to all this.
smile_l_32.gif
I aint perffect..
All are 10gal tanks with all the sides foil, i pulled the foil back just enough to snap the pics, the pots are in or on a tray of some sort with distilled water about a half inch up and then placed inside the tank with moss around it thats soaking in water as well. The poting mix is canadian spag peat mix with perlite and also sand and some finely choped shredded spag in the mix. First pic is most the plants i recived from Jimscott and a few i just recently recived from elgecko Thanks guys!!.
smile_m_32.gif
They are doing great Jims has tons new growth on them and elgeckos are doing very very well to.
cpplants3.jpg

and these CPs i just recived yesterday in the mail, they are all doing great.
cpplants.jpg

and theres 11 VFTs in this one, some are very small pots behind others.
cpplants4.jpg

and these are my planted seed pots in there own tank. Had to move the light to get a pic it came out crappy.
cpseedgrowingchamber.jpg

and here you can somewhat see they do get LOTS bright light. cruddy cam pics..
smile_h_32.gif
 Sorry the pic was taken at night.
cpplants6.jpg

So what ya think not to bad for a beginer eh??

Ok my live spag moss will be here in about 2 days, so once it gets here i will put some of that around all the plants on top the pots. I have my first Nep commin in its a Ventricosa Red and im hoping in the near future to have a Austrailian Pitcher plant as well..

Very nice setup. It appears your plants are doing very well. Instead of aluminium foil, you might want to go to Walmart and look in the camping section for an emergency blanket. They reflect about 2 times as much light and are inexpensive. Just cut it into strips the size that you need. if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.
dewy

I like the editorial comments the best.
laugh.gif
This may sound like an odd thing to say: At this point in time, I would recommend cultivating what you have, until late winter - unless you see offerings for pigmy sundew gemmae. Those are easy to sprout and aren't fussy. You're off to a great start!

smile.gif
Thanks guys, im glad im doing ok for a beginer.
dewy i will look into the emergancy blanket thingy and Flip_Side_the_Pint i will also check on the Mylar see which one is cheaper, thanks tons for the tips guys..
smile_m_32.gif

Jim im glad you know the plants are doing good, makes me a proud CP first time mommy..
smile_n_32.gif
All i can say is im trying im trying..
smilie4.gif

I'm trying,too - very trying!
smile_m_32.gif

You may be a beginner, but you've asked all the right questions and are applying your knowlege well. You're going to avoid most of the trouble that beginners encounter. Good job!!! Can't wait to see how it all grows over the months. Keep taking pictures even if they come out a bit yellow!

Capslock

Your setup and plants look good. The live LFS will definitely keep the humidity around the plants high and will deter molds/fungi from growing at the bottom of your tank. The lighting looks good too.

You might want to consider buying a cheap ($20) temperature/humidity monitor from lowes or home depot. They're great for enclosed terraria because they let you know if temps get too high, and they also are good for finding out the day-night temperature difference which seems to be important for some plants. You might also consider adding a small CPU fan for air circulation.

Looks great. your plants should love it.

Great setup Barracuda. Your plants should do great with all that bright light. I'm looking forward to seeing their progress!

Back