What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fan question

ok, well i got my computer fan up and running in my 10 gallon terrarium. the fan is running on 7.5 Volts. i can feel the air moving, but on the other side of the tank i cant feel the air. is this ok.?

Yes. You prolly don't want to feel it on the other side of the tank, because your plants like a calm environment without a lot of windy conditions. The fan basically creates "invisible" air currents, which circulates the air.

-Ben

I'm going to agree with Ben on this one. You don't want a big strong wind in your tank, but just enough of a wind to keep the air moving. If you see your plants swaying in the breeze, chances are good that the air current is too strong.

Like the others said, I wouldn't really worry about it, the air is still moving. However, I wouldn't worry about the plants close to the fan or anything. Remember, these're plants, they grow outside: they're used to a good bit of nature (and her wrath.) Heck a lot of plants NEED wind to develop nice and strong (think trees!)

Back