What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

enough v fan?

i have a 10 gal terrarium, and i have a 12v computer fan. but the fan is wired to a 6v battery. i was wondering if this is enough voltage to keep the tank cirrculated? i have a 11.5v dc charger i could easily wire up to the fan, but i think it would be blowing my plants all over the place.
because i am noticing green weird stuff growing in my ping's peat moss (Scotts®), and a little in the capensis dead sphagnum.
please help. have pics if nessessary

then why is this stuff still growing on the soil? im worried

IMG_0999.jpg

to me it looks like moss , no danger to the plants
smile.gif

Can't see too much from the picture, but looks like moss and maybe some algae.

On the algae: This is what I can't exactly tell, if there's algae or thin moss. If it's algae, you want to wash your media with pure water a few times before using it to prevent it in the future. The chances are that it wont get out of hand, but you can physically remove it.

On the moss: Right now it looks like sphagnum, but it could be something else. If it's sphagnum, then great. If it's not, then you don't really need to remover it unless it gets out of hand or you don't like the way it looks.

The fan speed should be fine, you don't need a gale force storm or anything, you don't even really need to be able to feel it at the other end of the tank. Nothing to be worried about.
smile.gif

Agreed. One looks like a moss species and the dark green mat appears to be algae which is common in CP pots and will not be removed by improving air circulation. You can try scraping it off if it becomes thick, and can help prevent it by avoiding the use of fertilizers.

What is in that pot? Seed?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]because i am noticing green weird stuff growing in my ping's peat moss

oops. overlooked the sentence in your original post.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chloroplast @ Dec. 29 2005,12:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]because i am noticing green weird stuff growing in my ping's peat moss

oops. overlooked the sentence in your original post.
And the big green leaf that takes up half of the picture.

smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Hmmm......I think it's time to get glasses....or a new brain!

Back