What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refrigerator cannabalization!

• Thread starter dlybrand
  • Start date
I remember reading about this on Wistuba's forums a long time ago. I know some of the people there did it, has anyone else? I'd certainly like to learn how. Thanks.

-D. Lybrand

I think the question is asking how one could take apart a refridgerator for use as a cooler (cooling the surrounding area as opposed to what's inside.) Am I totally off?

Unfortunately I have no experience here, but I'd love some answers!

Est is pretty much right. You basically take the rear of the fridge and put it in your chamber so that your chamber is a fridge! But how?

-D. Lybrand

basically you have to remove everything that isnt the fridge body itself, and attach it all to a sheet of plywood..

I wouldnt try it unless I was a trained electrician..too much death potential otherwise.

what needs to be cooled?
if its a greenhouse, a traditional swamp fan would work much better..
and fridge "guts" wont be very good at cooling an area much bigger than the inside of a fridge..not terribly economical, and could easily overwhelm the capabilities of the fridge cooling system..

I wouldnt recommend trying it..there must be a better way..

Scot

Back