What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New tank pics

• Thread starter fudog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hood
Ok Im just going to post the pics this morning. Ill add comments and some footnotes in the next day or so.
Hope you like'em

tank and hood

tankandhood2jy.jpg

inside hood

insidehood6jv.jpg

left side

leftside9eq.jpg

right side

rightside7gd.jpg

front left

frontleft7jf.jpg

front right

frontright4ro.jpg

closer up left side

closerupleftside9hx.jpg

Nice setup. You're plants look very healthy too.
dewy

is that a glass of red wine?

looks really nice! great job on the hood

and what kind of nepenthes is that?

The hood looks very nice.

Looks like you have plastic wrap across the top of the tank, have any air circulation?
If not your humidity can be too high increasing the likely hood of fungus and molds on the plants.

I was thinking the same thing about no air circulation Elgecko. The hood looks awsome though. I'm ne to the light setups I have never used them. Fudog. what is that thing that looks like a computer power supply? Is that needed for the compact florecent your using? If so are the florescent lights that screw straight into a light socket, that are bright as crap for only 15 watts, the same as what your using? I just replaced my front abd back porch lights with the curly florescents that screw into the regular fixture and they seem pretty brignt I planned on using those when I deceide to make a tank will they work as well or will I need more? BTW that is one kick butt hood I really like it. Thanks for sharing.

Ok

glider14: Its a glass of livida and subulata lol and the nep is a ventrata

elgecko: Im expermenting with different setups for humidity. The corners are open you just cant see it in the pics. Im getting a humidity/temp gauge when I get paid. Do the glass/net pot setups look familar?? Ill be switching all my utrics over to them. The wife is making sleeves to cover the glasses.

JB_OrchidGuy: It is a computer power supply box. The electric tape covered box is supposed to be inside it but I had it mounted before I put it in and I didnt fell like dealing with it right now. The reason Im using it is cause I've got the light wired through the switch on it.
I'm going to switch the 24'' floro's with 2-27watt cf the screw in type. And the big one in the center is a converted flurex yard light. 65watt 5000 lumens

Thx for the reply's guys
Im in the process of designing the stand for the setup now. Its going to have room on top for the 20gal and hood. Then under it I'll have a space for my 5gal and, it will have a cabinet in the bottom for all my growing stuff(ie water jugs/ferts/bonsai scissors)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fudog @ Jan. 27 2006,8:00)]elgecko: Do the glass/net pot setups look familar?? Ill be switching all my utrics over to them. The wife is making sleeves to cover the glasses.

Thx for the reply's guys
Im in the process of designing the stand for the setup now. Its going to have room on top for the 20gal and hood. Then under it I'll have a space for my 5gal and, it will have a cabinet in the bottom for all my growing stuff(ie water jugs/ferts/bonsai scissors)
I thought they looked familiar, but did not say anything.

Hopefully I helped with the stand construction. Post pics when done.

Oh yeah I've go press and seal across the tank now. All but maybe 1" or 1/12" is covered. The air comes into the hood from the front edge and the fan and tank opening is in the back.

elgecko:
Of course you did
smile.gif
Im making mine the same way you made yours. I'll skin it and trim it also. And if you wouldnt mind I could use some help brain storming on the plans. The hood is 31 9/16" X 14 1/8" X 8" (7 1/8" without lid) Hood lid is 15 1/4" x 33 1/4" and the tank is 12 1/2" x 12 3/4" x 30 3/16". I want the stand to be the same size as the hood-lid. With the space for the 5 gal tank under the 20gal.

Amazed!!, i hope i can do a hood, and a wine glass, yum. but ip refer a piña colada!
smile_n_32.gif

Back