What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting up a N. bicalcarata terrarium

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CaRnIvORoUs_FrEaK @ Feb. 17 2006,4:16)]So do u think just one incandecent lite will still be able to raise the temps to about 85F?
Not sure.

I bought some gravel/pebbles for my tank today, along with a heating mat to raise temperatures. Once I get it set up I'll report back with my new conditions.

Nice!! I have gravel since the 10's i buy come with a fish filter, decorations, food, gravel, etc. It good and for only $12!!!

N. bicalcarata grows really fast. Your 10 gallon terrarium will be only good for it's first year or so. Mine bicals grow on average about 2 to 3+feet leaves ...making the plant around 5' in diameter on average. To give you an idea, my plants started at around 6" in diameter, then exploded in size in about 3 years.

The ones I had kept in my terrarria have all perished...because they need room to grow.

Back