What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wat can I build?

I think Ill just go with PVC pipes. Just plz tell me instructions on how to builda mini-greenhouse out of PVC pipes that can be heated, is humid, and is lit by the sun not fluorecent lighting. I also need a supply list, cost, and the directions on making it. THANKS!

Yea. Thanks a lot. Ill definetly use this. But what heating device should I buy and does it need a humidifier inside there?

Humidifier: you won't need a humidifier as long as the greenhouse isn't too big and is sealed pretty well.

Heater: if lit by the sun, it should be fine during the day in spring/summer (it may even get too hot), but I'd recommend heating at night if you have temp drops, and 24 hours a day in winter and late fall. If you're building a small greenhouse, small electric heaters work. I'll look something up.

-D. Lybrand

Might want to keep a big bucket/tray of water at the bottom. If it's outside in the heat it could help with the humidity without costing a lot.

OKay thanks a lot. Do u think I could find a decent cheap heater at home depot? THANKS!!!

Yes, but stay away from those little space heaters they sell. You want a more sturdy appliance that can operate in a humid place like your greenhouse.

-D. Lybrand

Back