What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fedding terrarium plants

Hilla, i got it!, is imposible to me see a plant eat a inocent ant that wuz walking on my salt water aquarium, ¬¬, anyway the poor ant is going to die if it fall in the aquarium. Can i feed my dorseras, pings, sars, neps and heliamphora fish food?, i got one pellet food w 1.5% of fat, but in the ingredients it have copper sulphate and salt, is it bad?, should i better feed them a 3% fat food, with yellow 5, i know is a cancerigen, but i dont tink plants can have cancer, or can they?, well wich food is better?, what is the worse thing could happen if i feed fish food to a plant?, what is the better ting can happend?, thanks for the patience us have to me.

I've fed my neps freeze dried bloodworm (powdered) which I have also used on my pings, ceph, & dews. Can't say as I noticed much difference in their growth, except the ceph. It was kinda pale looking before I fed it and it got a darker green on a couple of new pitchers within a day or 3 of the feeding. I have been sprinkling the pings with the powdered bloodworm lately just to use it up so I can throw the container out. I've had it on the shelf 2 years and I'm tired of it taking up space I could put a plant in
smile_n_32.gif

Oh, ok, i notice someting weird....A worm walk over a leave of a cape sundew, but the sundew dont move.. the worm walk away and i take it out of the terrarium, i tink my plants are full of insecs, but they dont try to eat them, i usually c 2 flying bugs per day. Any tip is good.

leaves dont close instantly
smile_n_32.gif
it takes ~90 or so minitues for them to wrap around fully. try feeding them dead worms instead of live ones

A very small piece of pellet might be alright. Too big a piece can damage the leaf.

the plants still loking good i tell all whants going on, but they dont eat live tings, they are lazy =(.

Back