What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glider's tanks

glider14

Always a newbie
i have two tanks, a small one and a larger one.
Smaller one. this sits on a windowsil and gets filtered light.

plants(clockwise) D. Adaele, nothing, D. Capensis, D. Muscipula, D. Adaele & Capensis cuttings in water(white thing)

my larger tank

conditions(temps on top)

my creativity is coming out
smile.gif
one pit is peat(cuttings and LSM) and the other peat/sand(growing varoius things)

thanks for looking

thanks CF. at first i used small rocks(pebbles) put alge was terrible! so now i have silica sand that has been soaked with distilled water...no alge and plus it looks nicer
smile.gif

I hope that's not perlite because everything looks SNOWY WHITE with perlite! I hear perlite attracts algae. You said that's sand, so the surface is like 100% sand, lol... I try to put more sphagnum moss into my ratio, I'm no pro but I do this because I'm under a notion that it's healthier for the plants.

It looks like youre VFT could use a little bit more light in youre second picture
Cheers

Carito: in that dish the top dressing is perilite a mix of sand peat and perilite is what it actually grows in.

nepenthes_ak: it is getting alot actually. its on a window that recieves light(on a sunny day) from about 11:00 to 6:00. i bought it from a store and there was no coloration on it so it might be an all green form....only time will tell

Nice setup. I think he meant that its leaves are long and spindly, not that it had no color.

-Ben

ohhh i see what you mean now this new leaf is like a stick there is extremely little leaf on either side of the main vein it looked like a scape at first. usually the traps on mine will rise halfway when they are still very tiny but this one just now started to rise...ITS CRAZY!!
smile_n_32.gif

alex
PS- you can sorta see it when it was small in the upper left part of the pot

Back