What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPs in a Garden pond or Bog?

We have a small pond equiped with a little waterfall basin in our front yard. I think it's about 100 gallons or so. I was curious as to whether CPs, such as Darlingtonia, could be kept in the waterfall area? It's maybe 60 gallons per hour, and flows at a good little clip. Being a deep, narrow, pond the water is always much cooler in the waterfall than the outside temp.

We're also contemplating adding a small (perhaps two feet across, or about 50cm) shallow bog for some of the other CPs, especially the pitchers. This would be located near the waterfall, where the humidity stays quite high during most of the year.

We're in USDA zone 7/8 Which means our lowest winter temps are between 0 and 10 F, but could be brought up a bit if need be with a simple cold frame.

Any help or advise would be apreciated greatly, because I think this setup would look just great out there.

check my post!!! abouth bog in a green house, maybe u have someting good out there....In my low experience in carnivorous i tink u cant put cps if u pond have alcaline water or have salts, full it w a ro filter would be the best idea, buy distiled water for 100 gal wull be crazy and quite expensive!, GOOD LUCK!

Back