What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with these 2 things for terrarium

ok so i have plants on the way and i need help with soil and lights. the soil i think i have done just some peat moss some of that reptilequartz sand and either lava rock or pumice for filtering/drainage at the bottom. BUT LIGHTS thats killin me what brand and what local store can i get them at like petco, home depot, walmart what and where is all i need to know im geting probably either as 10 gal from petsmart for 10$ or a 20 gal for 25$

Anybody??!?!?! come on its for the cp's
biggrin.gif

Get the 20 gal, otherwise you'll just end up buying another tank w/in the next six months. Use the 4 ft. shoplights (Metalux brand are the cheapest, about $10) which you can find at Lowe's or Home Depot. They'll be a little long, but you can cover a couple of tanks with them when the time comes.

-D. Lybrand

If you can't find the shop lights, get two 30w CF lights with two clip-on fixtures from Lowes

Back