What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intense HEAT!

Hiya i have some plans for a big 5 gal pot w carnivores, (almost a bog garden), but... my green house get very hot!, today was from 90f to 98f, what to cold it a litle?, i tink to put a big fan on it, but i wanan put carnivores, can i put a sarracenia/drosera binata/pings in the green house?, humidyti is good 30% to 60%. and for my terraium it got hot too was around 80f, i remember some1 tell me be carefull w temp, wen it gets closer to 90f, so i put on all fogmakers, take out the terraium hood, and swich off 2 light, it get around 74f to 77f, but i can do this all time, cpu fans are not enough, any idea?, remember i want my carnivore bog =), and my terraium! .

the solution is simple..
grow your CPs outside the greenhouse..

Scot

The best way would be to mount a ventilation fan near the top of the greenhouse that's controlled by a temperature sensor near whatever's temperature-critical. You might also want to put a cool-mist humidifier on the same circuit, which will both cool and humidify the greenhouse while the exhaust fan is pulling all the warm, wet air out.

The size of the fan you'd need really would depend on the size of the greenhouse.

If you're using computer fans for cooling, don't use CPU fans -- use the bigger ones that people use to exhaust the case itself.

Actually, sarracenia can take great heat (to 125 degrees F.) As long as the humidity is 80 or 90 percent, they will grow like crazy, and the colors will be blinding. Can't speak for the drosera, or utrics, or pings, but sarracenia will love you for it.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!, im back! =D, cool maybe i will buy a pair of sarracenias, but maybe next spring,see ya!!!!! gotta go.

Back