What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green sprout coming out of my LFS

• Thread starter JMurphy97
  • Start date
I have some kind of green sprout coming out of my LFS. I bought it when it was dried LFS but I soaked it and now it is wet LFS. What could it be and is it good? Does it mean that the LFS is coming alive and will green like everyone else has? That would be sweet because I was gonna maybe buy some but if it is gonna grow that saves me.

The dried stuff does tend to come to life after awhile.

Yup its more than likely the LFS coming back to life. Mosses can be desicated up to 90%. Meaning you can dry them up to 90% and they can come back. There is also the possibility that there was some spoors there too that started to grow. i have some peat that is spouting. I wouls assume from spores left in the peat. since peat is just decomposed LFS.

If it looks like grass or a fern then its just a weed. I always remove the grass but I like ferns so when they start growing out of my LFS I just leave it.

Back