What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outdoor bogs

Hey, here's my outdoor bogscape as it stands today. Spring is finally here in San Francisco after a long, wet winter. I'm about to relandscape, and a lot of this is going into a bog area around a pond I'm putting in down in the yard. But the tub stays, and the nepenthes stays.

bb5f40c0.jpg

Here's a closeup of the tub. All the rain made the perlite float to the top, and I think I'll collect a bunch of it and remove it, because it's kinda ugly:

b1dea0e2.jpg

Capslock

Very nice plants
A quick question: Where are the nepenthes you grow outside and what types, I cant see any?

and your closeup of the tub is the same picture as the first.

I also like the Bonsai.

-Chris

Whoops, corrected now! Sorry about that.

The only nepenthes out there is a N. rajah in the square wooden container towards the right side. I'm going to try some others this year out there. Can't decide which yet. Maybe N. lowii, maybe a hybrid or two. It's always cool here, so I have to find one that likes cool temps.

Capslock

Wow you are really lucky to be able to grow Rajah outside. I pretty picky plant I understand, and outside theres so much room to let the monster grow.
N. Lowii would be neat too, good luck.

-Chris

Nice pictures! I LOVE that tub!!! lol

Great pictures ~& decor ,thanks for sharing ` i just moved from san francisco to Oregon ~ lots of cp growers here ~ i was shocked by the amount of snow ~ my flytraps were covered but have totally regained conciousness and are thriving better than ever.

Back