What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tank!!!!

Woo Hoo, just got a 30g bow front tank from a buddy of mine. Now to just figure out what to do with it. I got some cp's sitting in there right now just in some elevated pots, but I gotta do something with the terrarium. So now I have to decide if I want to actually plant anything in the tank or just to keep potted cp's in there? Just happy that I got such a large tank for nothing.

First thing I would do is see about getting a pc fan installed to prevent mold.

Yea, I sudgest Potted plants (Regreting my Classic terrium Filled with soil, wich hopefully will be converted into a Potted one) Many problems can persist, and EAsyer to care for the plants if it is in pots.

Cheers

the only thing with potted terrariums is that they are really always that nice to look at. Looks more like a white trash back yark attempt at a terrarium. I need to get some pots that I can spruce up to at least make it more pleasing to look at than looking at old cottage cheese and sour cream containers turned upside down for pot elevation.

I have to chuckle... yes, terrariums are a nice aesthetic thing,, but tne you mentioned "old cottage cheese container" and then it kinda brings it back to "ghetto".
laugh.gif
and that reminds me of mine, with old yogurt containers:

AF001101.jpg

4 Inch and 3.5 Inch Pots

You can get alot of Square 4 inch or 3.5 inch pots for youre terrium. I know ITs not good for Larger Carnivorous plants But For sundews utrics and pings, its great. And The fact that youre terrium is bow front, that might not help much. But It would give you spots to water.

Cheers

Back