What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The June terrarium picture thread!

I'd love if everyone could start posting pictures of their terrariums in this thread.

Here's a few shots of one of my warmer terrariums:

JuneCPpics016.jpg

JuneCPpics017.jpg

JuneCPpics026.jpg

I'm going to post pictures of my other terrariums soon.

good idea... ill have to post once Ive got mine re potted... its a classic set up with soil instead of pots... Im repoting soon

Cheers

Very nice! awww little baby D. Binatas! how many gallons is that? what nep do you have in there?
alex

It's a 10 gallon and the Nep in there is a very recent addition (I rescued it from Home Depot about 4 days ago). From the looks of its leaves I'd say it's a N. sanguinea, but it hasn't pitchered yet so we'll have to see.

I saw this thread and thought, "Mitch better have posted this..." Nice job! Awesome ceph!!!

-Ben

Hahaha! You thought right ;)

And thanks for the kind words as always, Ben.

Well, I have vivarium with frogs in it, and I do have some CPs. So mine is set up with soil in it. Here is a shot that shows my utrics.
d68c9a81.jpg

This next picture shows my ping titan that has since then outgrown the tank, beleive it or not, and had to be removed. It was doing so well in there! It is still doing extremely well under a grow light. But here it was as a baby.
frogplant001.jpg

This picture also shows some CPs in the tank that have since been removed. they were doing well, but other plants started growing taller and blocking out the light that they needed.
tomato003.jpg

This is a current pic and it shows a different tank that holds two little pings, you can see them on the right hand corner of the picture. They have been in this tank for about 8-9 months now and are doing well.
272d55d4.jpg

And here you can see those same pings, or one of them at least, from a different angle in the left corner of the picture.
luecshots005.jpg

I know that wasn't exactly what you were looking for when you asked for terrarium pics, but it was all I had to show. I hope you don't mind!

Vivarium Terrium Same diferenc, To bad you had to remove the ones.... they look happy other wise

Cheers

Nice pics, Mitch.

From the look of it, seems like you'll be drowning in capensis seed pretty soon!
smile.gif

Hey back2 are those poison dart frogs? What happens if you touch one of them. Do you fall over?
smile_h_32.gif

Thanks Stephen

back2: WOW!!!! Those are the coolest frogs ever. I always wanted a tomato frog, I think that's what it is. They just look so funny with their fat features and little faces. I have always wanted poison darts too. As soon as I am old enough I'll get them. How is it keeping CP's with frogs? Do the plants catch their share of the insects as well?

Here's my update from today. First pic is of my entire terrarium which is a 75 gallon on it's side.

June18th002.jpg

Another view:

June18th015.jpg

A shot of my typical VFT:

June18th009.jpg

Nepenthes:

June18th007.jpg

Drosera Spatulata:

June18th012.jpg

Mmmmmmm:

June18th003.jpg

Hope you liked them.

Zac

wow! nice red coloration on those VFTs zac!!!
alex

What healthy, happy plants.
smile.gif

Back28, this, uh, clown frog, what is it Fantastic picture, that last one!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sdeering @ June 18 2006,9:29)]Hey back2 are those poison dart frogs? What happens if you touch one of them. Do you fall over?
smile_h_32.gif

Thanks Stephen
to answer that...No. in the wild the food they eat makes them toxic. in captivity they are not harmful at all.
alex

sorry, I am just now getting back to this thread. Been busy. To answer the questions, those are tomato frogs. I have never touched them because they secrete a glue-like substance when you do and it is supposedly very hard to wash off. that is their defense mechanism.

I do have poison dart frogs and there is no problems with keeping them with CPs. The harm, if any, will come to the plants from not getting enough light. A nepenthes is a good choice, but it is hard to get the rest of them the amount of sunlight that they need if you have a very over grown tank like dart frogs like. One alternative is to mount pots for the plants higher up on the back of the tank so that they are right under the light. That works well.

Here is a pic of one of my poison dart frogs and you can see a ping in the pic as well. I don't think I posted this one yet, if I did, my apologies.
luecshots005.jpg

Nice healthy looking plants zac. They look really good.

Here are a few pictures I took today:

A small 10 gallon terrarium I using to test some LED grow lights:

ledterrarium.jpg

Here is a picture of N. hamata and H. minor x heterodoxa that are sitting in my 55 gallon terrarium:

hamatawithhminorxheterodoxa.jpg

Back