What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenhouse construction

*starts packing hammock to sleep in the rafters*

My gawd Tony!

That's not a greenhouse. That's a conservatory! What are you gonna call it? :)

My gawd Tony!

That's not a greenhouse. That's a conservatory! What are you gonna call it? :)

haha yes! something that huge needs a name. Perhaps a zip code...

One question though. It's been almost 5 years since the thread started. Has it been lying dormant this whole time?

Massive is not the word. Wow.

One question though. It's been almost 5 years since the thread started. Has it been lying dormant this whole time?

Haha, this is what I want to ask Tony :-))

woah.

I will now be living vicariously though you.

Wow quite the job. When are you expecting to complete it?

Lying dormant? Hmm as in .. am I able to put plants in it yet? er no.

Ya it's been a while in the works. Getting a greenhouse up and running is a big task with alot of labor for something this size. So with everything else going on here and other GH stuff I do it's a slow process. My other greenhouse is bursting at the seams though so I really need to get my rear in gear!

The plan is to have the steel building up by the time the snow starts falling. Next year get the inground water tanks in etc. End walls up and cover the greenhouse frame in plastic so I can work on water lines, electric lines etc etc during the following Winter. Ugh so yeah lots to do yet ;/

Just a couple more.. I couldn't get the roof trusses high enough using the backhoe so I had to rig up a hoist using a 1000lb cable winch.

First end wall truss going up.
ConSBliftRooftruss.jpg

Yay it's in place! Only 2 more to go. Then I can start putting on all the various cross braces which are much easier to handle. Might actually make it before the snow.. if it would stop raining every 5 minutes ;x
ConSBrooftruss.jpg

I envy you TONY, you are living my, well pretty much everyone on heres dream. Continue the good work, and let us see our dreams become reality at least for somone. lol

whoa.. I love that smaller bubble GH you have back there. Never seen anything like that before. Looks like a futuristic GH.. from the future.

whoa.. I love that smaller bubble GH you have back there. Never seen anything like that before. Looks like a futuristic GH.. from the future.

hahah ya totally looks like something from Star Wars.

Back