What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mini greenhouse ventilation

Greetings everyone. A couple of months ago I purchased a 4-tiered mini greenhouse off of Ebay to keep my CPs healthy over the winter months in my basement. They are simple to build and use. Essentially, it is a shelf with a plastic covering with a zippered door to access the inside. I've placed a small growlight on the inside middle shelf, another grow light at the top and the whole thing sits under a large flouresent light. On the bottom shelf and middle shelf, I have large shallow trays that are filled with water to help maintain the humidity.

I've noticed many times, when I open it up, it seemed like the air was stale. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to place in a small fan or two to keep the air circulating? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dwight

Depending on the plants that are inside, I'd either leave the cover off, or leave an opening in it so air can move through.

-Ben

Although I do not have experience with this, I have heard and read about a lot of people using a small CPU fan to circulate air. It sounds like this may be a good way to move air based on the volume of air you described.

I am sure somebody with more practical experience will come along and give you more details.

xvart.

I just got severl old cpu fans. Can anyone guide me as to how I could hook these up to an outlet. I believe the fan motors are DC...it wouldn't be a good thing to hook it up to AC.
Oo.gif
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dwight

Back