What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got the shelf :D

Thanks a bunch. If only they didn't cost more than 5 dollars
sad.gif
Does anyone know where to get cheap plastic ones? I checked at Home Depot and Lowes, but they won't have them until spring when the get those huge seed columns in.

-Ben

Ben I have bought those trays/boot trays at kmart for around $5, and there about 2' long.

Oh, ok. That's good to know. This weekend I shall be going to Walmart and Kmart!

-Ben

But, now what should I do with my recently-repotted neps? They're too huge to be under the lights with the small plants, and after I get some big trays, they can't stay under and use the lights from above. But I only have two, so I'm not sure I want to buy two more fixtures and put them on the shelf below. Should I just use a smaller light, or maybe just one fixture for them on the shelf below? I'm sure I'll get some more neps soon after I get more money, and figure out the temps on the shelf, though.

-Ben

Umm forgot do you have another 4' fixture? If you do just hang it from another shelf and put your neps under the light.

Nope, not currently, but I guess I could buy one. Two bright tubes should be ok then? At least until they get big? How close should they be to the lights? They're both around 4-5 inches across.

-Ben

Yeah two bright tubes should be enough. Umm i think between a foot or less should be a good hight, but if you see red dots on the leaves that means its to close and burning the leaves.

Ok, thanks. Sorry for all the questions, but here's another one.
blush.gif

When should I start noticing some 'coloring' in my plants?

-Ben

As in if the neps are burning or in coloring in your other plants?

Like coloring of my other plants (dews and stuff). Already, one of my Pings seems pinker.

-Ben

Yeah it will take awile but you should notice them getting darker in the leaves, but im not sure if some of your plants will change in color wise.

Well, my P. 'Sethos' has already turned pinker.

DSCN2507.jpg

And here's my P. 'Huahuapan'. Joseph, does this one color up?

DSCN2509.jpg

-Ben

Wow very nice. Im glad everything is working for you.

biggrin.gif
Thanks. Do you 'spose they'd have those boot trays at WalMart as well?

-Ben

very nice! i can't wait to see it in the future!

Yeah they should, they have everything pretty much.

Ok. If only my mom had more motivation to take me...
sad.gif

Sorry that this one's kinda blurry, I can take a clearer one (D. tokaiensis):
DSCN2510.jpg

-Ben

those look good too!

I have to ask,: about how big are those?

Largest one is about 1.5 inches. The one next to it is about 0.5 inches.

-Ben

Very nice, are those from seed?

Back