What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growth from peat moss in a terrarium

I started a terrarium several years ago for several CP's (before I learned that not all CP's enjoy them
sad.gif
) and I used a dry peat starter for the "soil". I eventually moved the CP's (only about a week) and lo and behold, not only was the peat growing, but so were several other plants.
One was a fern of some type (which is now three or four years old and still very small) while there was another more aggresive plant (almost like a vine) that I have to pull some of it out once in a while or it would take over. I basically treat it as if it were for the CP's as far as light and water goes. I only bring it inside when the weather drops below freezing.
Has anybody else done this or are there other plants that I could do something similar with? Are there small sized bog plants? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

I have some non-CP plants growing in with my CP's as well. I know nothing of them, but left a few as top-dressings.
The only thing I could tell you is to look out for Clover's. They look cool but grow like crazy and make huge, spreading root systems and can be quite bothersome.

Cranberry!
bigsmile.gif

There's lots of stuff that finds its way into my CP pots. I remove anything foreign right away, before it gets a chance to develop a large root system that can make removing it a pain the ___!

Ken

Back