What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My grow rack

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
EDIT: Go to the end of the page

It's not a glasshouse, and it certainly wouldn't look great in a living room, but it does do the trick in my garage! I winter many of my cp's here (and more show up 2-3 times a winter when a freeze is expected). I keep some here through the summer, although I shut down most of the shelves as the heat gets too high.
CPs2-3-07001.jpg

They seem to be doing OK in here with no heat andno added humidity. Many are starting to flower:
3rd shelf:
CPs2-3-07003.jpg

2nd shelf:
CPs2-3-07010.jpg

CPs2-3-07017.jpg

Here is my little window terrarium - it only holds up to 6 2" pots, but as the light levels are pretty low and the grow rack is full, I keep 2 juveniles here now.
CPs2-3-07002.jpg

Very nicely done! I especially like how your butterworts look.

:O

WOW.. that is AWESOME! I can't wait to fill mine up like that.

Excellent! Where do you get your greenhouse pots? I like the squared off corners - gives you some place for your fat little fingers to grab pots out of the middle of the tray.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing (minus the finger part, LOL), I only ever see the round ones and for some reason I like the look of the square ones better. o_O

I searched high and low to find square pots. GOOGLE is my bud! I recently ordered (partly by mistake) about 300 2" square pots. I will look up where I got them this week. The larger 3 and 4 inch are a little more common on the web, but I know where I got them and it is not online anymore...

Steve

300?!!? Holy cow, man! That should last you a while. o.o;

Very nice indeed!

hmmm need a drooling happy face

:bigthumpup:
Av

Summer Upgrade

I am glad summer is finally here - I should have done this in the spring when it was only in the 80's - but I upgraded my neps to outside! I hooked up a misting system to maintain some minimal level of humidity (not that I have anything to worry about right now as it remains above 70% pretty constantly - lovely with the 90F + temps!).

I am using a green shade cloth to prevent scorching. The grow rack is on the east side of the house and only receives direct sun until almost noon. Could this be too shady? I had a similar set-up last summer with simsilar shade cloth. Most neps did well in the fresh air and the high temps, but I was concerned about the light levels.....

100_5896.jpg

100_5895.jpg

100_5894.jpg

nice selection of neps there dude. :D

Wow, great system you got there!

Back