What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenhouse construction

Right now our house is almost completely full of my regular houseplants so in order to have room for the thousands of CPs I would like to eventually own I will have to build a greenhouse. I did a web search and was shocked at how much the kits cost so I am looking for instructions on a DIY greenhouse.

Has anyone here constructed their own greenhouse? If so do you have basic instructions on materials used, problems that came up, cost, etc. Just any info would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks!
Victoria

You should look at JB_Orchidguy's thread. He has a few and shows the consturction. He made his from scratch and it's AWESOME!

I used to have one as a kid. Really it was a mother's lol.

Do you have a link to the thread??

Well there are a few on the progress. They are around here somewhere.

Right now our house is almost completely full of my regular houseplants so in order to have room for the thousands of CPs I would like to eventually own I will have to build a greenhouse. I did a web search and was shocked at how much the kits cost so I am looking for instructions on a DIY greenhouse.

Has anyone here constructed their own greenhouse? If so do you have basic instructions on materials used, problems that came up, cost, etc. Just any info would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks!
Victoria

I am in the process of designing mine. If you would like I will provide complete instructions and a materials list of mine when its completed. Hopefully by the first of April.

Steve

Steve, PM sent. Thank you for your offer!

Glider14, Thanks for the link!

First off, the only credentials I have about greenhouses is the fact that I really want to build one someday! That being said, I was actually looking around the bookstore today about books on greenhouses. Here is one book that I looked at that seemed to have quite a few good sections. It is also recommended reading on the Califorina Carnivores website. Here it is: link.

xvart.

Thanks for the link! I will see if the library can get it in.

So what's the consensus on those mini-greenhouses that look like large, roofed boxes sitting on the ground? Did that even make sense?

ok, there're like smaller greenhouses that lean against houses or stand alone but are smaller(forgive the repetitiveness) than a regular greenhouse. Then there're the onces like large, short boxes.

Back