What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Juliana Mini Greenhouse--Anyone Try this? Advice?

hmm....yes, I was wondering about something like this a few weeks ago my own self...

I like it. Looks pretty cool. I wonder if it has all four sides or just three. But don't you think that you could build your own for less then $250?

Cool, but.... TOO SMALL! lol. I would try and cram so much stuff in that thing that I would have hellacious rust fungus spread around.

xvart.

i had a small greenhouse a while ago. the main problem was that if you left the door closed, all the plants fried as it got far too hot

My main reason for wanting to get on of these was because I want something stable (I can fasten to the wall), and which holds a lot of plants protected from the rain and animals. I've had several of those mini-greenhouse type things you mentioned fiziks, but I found them to unstable in the wind even with sandbags on the bottom and the shelves would bend under the weight of the pots. I can't put the metal poles in the legs like they suggest, because I'll be putting it on the deck and can't put the poles in the ground.

But, yeah, I've actually decided to do what JMurphy97 suggested. I figured this whole deal will cost me about $300 or more, I have to buy shelves for the inside to put the plants on ($50 or more?) and who knows whether or not I need that metal base they recommend ($60). For much less than this, I could buy one of those metal stands with the adjustable shelves, and cut some plexiglass to go over the sides and top. Those shelves are very stable and won't blow apart in the wind or bend, and with sandbags on the bottom the whole thing won't blow over.

Back