What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glass vs. Plexiglass

I am contemplating building my own display tanks for my carnivores and I was wondering if there has been any study regarding terratium materials. I assume that there have been but does anybody know if plexiglass sides for a plant-only terrarium offer up any problems? I'm thinking that the structure will be wood so the "glass" is only for viewing purposes and not structural.

Plexiglass scratches easily, the biggest drawback really.

Acrylic scratches easily but the scratches are removable. Glass is much harder to scratch but it's permanent.

I like glass.

Depends on how deep the scratches are on plexi...

Acryllic's expensive, and as mentioned it scratches. But it is lightweight and acryllic cleaners cover up the scratches pretty well depending on how deep they are.
I had like no scratches on the Acryllic Orchidarium I used for years, again quite lightweight.

I also am trying to build a room for my neps in the basement. I was just thinking of putting a clear shower curtain-type thing stapled to the wood just to hold humidity. Wood glass be cheaper then plexi-glass?

i have always had a problem with plexi-glass warping

Back