What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog Garden and waterfall question.

Hey, spring has sprung in the bog garden! I have this fountain-thing with a couple small bogs on either side. Here's the overall (sorry took the pics at dusk so lighting isn't the best):

BogGarden2.jpg

And here's one of the two bogs, which is really coming to life! This is my first year with this arrangement so seeing things pop back after winter is a relief!

BogGarden1.jpg

And in the waterfall thing in the center, I thought it would be neat to try to use it for cps somehow. I stuffed some live LFS in between some rocks that get a little water flow and am going to see if that lives. If so, I'll pop a drosera or something in it and see if it lives. The water hardness stays around 150ppm which is dodgy, but maybe the running water will keep it fresh.

BogGarden3.jpg

Capslock

Hmmm...very interesting.

Also very picturesque! Keep us updated on the waterfall thing.

So you have all those great neps inside and great looking bogs outside. You must love it. I know I would.

That's really nice! Lookin forward to when it fills out... You try a Darlingtonia in the Waterfall, might be ideal for it with the SF coolness...

very nice! heck you could try some aquatic utrics or aldrovanda in that pool at the bottom!
Alex

quogue took the words right from my mouth; that's the perfect spot for some Darlingtonia. Very nice arrangement - if I can flip the cash, I'd really like to setup a bog/fountain here at my place. You know, if there are a few eddies in the waterfall and its flow is gentle enough, you'll attract mating dragonflies. Give them good places for the adults to lay eggs and the larvae to climb out of the water, and you've got a very attractive mosquito management system.
~Joe

Back