What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My bog garden

Alright don't laugh at me, yea it's mobile, meaning I can move it around when needed. The one S.Rubra looks lonely but I plan to fill it to the rim in a few days with the other five Sarracenia's that are on my grow list.

DSCF0689.jpg

DSCF0690.jpg

This is the greatest thread ever!

lol, hey, give the man some credit, you gotta start somewhere, right?

-You should put an engine on that wagon and ride it to school...maybe you could impress the ladies?

...Are you gonna but any temperate sundews in there?

No, I ment it is funny he says don't laugh at him and that was the only post.:-))

lol, hey, give the man some credit, you gotta start somewhere, right?

-You should put an engine on that wagon and ride it to school...maybe you could impress the ladies?

...Are you gonna but any temperate sundews in there?

Hey thanks for sticking up for me... No really it's fine, I still laugh every time I walk outside and see it, but it is working out great.

Impress the ladies... Hahhhh those day are long gone by many years...... The idea for the wagon was my wifes, so in theory, a lady was impressed.

Could you or someone recommend a few temperate sundews???

My personal inclination is to go with the North American temperates: Drosera rotundifolia, filiformis, intermedia, capillaris, brevifolia, linearis and anglica. All of these save the last two species are native to the Carolinas and you should have no problem growing them in your bog.

See Barry Rice's FAQ for a basic description of these species and his Galleria Carnivoria for photos. You can root around there for other non-North American temperate Drosera that might catch your eye.

Just added a few new plants that are listed in my growlist.. Still have a little room left for more..

DSCF0706.jpg

more like room for ALOT more. whats the little pool for?
Alex

Mozzies? I'd cover it with mosquito netting to keep 'em out myself.

All the bog needs now is some Drosera and more Dionaea.

Nice wheels! You going to grow some aquatic stuff in the little pool in the middle?

xvart.

Put in a purpurea, that should take up more room.

more like room for ALOT more. whats the little pool for?
Alex

Alex,

That is where I add the water and then it wicks out into the peat. Also seems to make it easy to judge when to water.

Alex,

That is where I add the water and then it wicks out into the peat. Also seems to make it easy to judge when to water.

That's what I originally thought, but then I assumed it wasn't because it was so large. I guess it wicks out through the hole in the bottom? lol.

xvart.

That's a very high water table. Be careful.

That's what I originally thought, but then I assumed it wasn't because it was so large. I guess it wicks out through the hole in the bottom? lol.

xvart.

Yes, plus being terracotta it wicks through the sides also. I decided to go a little bigger because I'm going to put some kind of water loving plant in it.

Yes, plus being terracotta it wicks through the sides also. I decided to go a little bigger because I'm going to put some kind of water loving plant in it.

So I was half right!

xvart.

Put in a purpurea, that should take up more room.

Ant check out the second plant on the right hand side.... I hope it likes the bog better than the pot it was in

Oh, it looks tiny!

Back