What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moisture + Muffin Fans?

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
So my highland Neps are showing signs of heat stress and I want to pump some cool outdoor air into the enclosure at night to cheer them up. I was planning on using some duct or PVC pipe with PC muffin fans at the inlet to induce airflow. I wanted one flowing from my window to the top of the terrarium (to bring in cold air,) and one from the top of the terrarium to the bottom (to take the warm air from above the lights and run it through my swamp cooler.) My question is, are muffin fans OK for this application? Will humidity be a problem? I try not to saturate the tank, and the fans will be in low-humidity, low-spray areas, but PC components aren't typically built to tolerate moisture so I thought I'd see what other folks' experiences have been. Any suggestions as to alternatives?
Thanks in advance,
~Joe

Back