What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Tips or Hints for a new Greenhouse owner?

Hey All-

I'm about 90% done with my lowland hothouse. I should have been completely done over the past weekend, but I recieved some wrong parts and I got a bit of the cold. To make matters worse, it rained today as I was putting the paneling up . . . sheesh . . . Achoo!!

I've got my heater with a nice thermostat, and a greenhouse fogger coming in a day or two, which is about the same time I will be receiving my humidistat and a nice fan to push the air around.

Since it will be mainly a lowland swampy hothouse for my bicals and raffs, I've got the heat and humidity coverd. My 5.0 mm Solexx greenhouse will provid about 70% soft diffused light and the water quality here in Portland, Oregon is very soft (6-11 parts per million).

I will also be placing 4, 55 gallon black drums that will serve as the legs of my benches, filled with water to help with the heating department (kinda like a heat sink).

For other CP greenhouse growers, are there other tips or suggestions you've learned that will help me make a more successful greenhouse?

Any info will be greatly appreciated :hail:

Good Growing Y'all.

Bo :banana2:

Back