What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Lowland Greenhousers from Portland?

• Thread starter bohdisatfa
  • Start date
Hiya All-

Just wondering if there were any Portland peeps here with lowland greenhouses?

Just wanted to find out how they kept their gh lowland here in the Northwest?

Thanks to all those who replies :hail:

Good Growing Y'all,
Bo :boogie:

Hiya All-

Just wondering if there were any Portland peeps here with lowland greenhouses?

Just wanted to find out how they kept their gh lowland here in the Northwest?

Thanks to all those who replies :hail:

Good Growing Y'all,

I have thought about it but haven't taken any action,I'm in the NW too:-O

Hiya D muscipula-

Do you have a greenhouse that is lowland dedicated? If so, may I askhow big your gh is and what are you using to keep its temp and humidity up and also for how long?

Thanks and Good Growing,
Bo

Hiya D muscipula-

Do you have a greenhouse that is lowland dedicated? If so, may I askhow big your gh is and what are you using to keep its temp and humidity up and also for how long?

Thanks and Good Growing,
Bo

I have a greenhouse and it is empty right now,because I don't have heating & cooling worked outIt is a 6' x 8' and was going to be for highland nepenthes.

Hiya D muscipula-

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, got busy with Halloween.

I think the biggest headach I had with setting up my gh was finding the power to run it.

If you have enough juice to run two milk heaters, a fan, a fogger, exhaust fan and a cooler (for the summer) then your pretty much set. If not, you will need an electrician to set things right. For the first couple of days, I was tripping our circuit breaker daily, till my wife gave up and said get a professional and things done right.

As soon as I build up my fundage, I will be looking for a portable heater. Just in case we have a black out. Don't want my many "precious" feeling the cold.

Good Luck on your future highland greenhouse :banana2:

Bo,

I grow lowland neps and I've found that a large aquarium works the best, even for Bicalcarata. I live in Corvallis Oregon. We should trade sometime. :) I have some days off next week. I might be able to pass by.

Back