What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

heat help

MY TERRARIUM HEAT IS ABOUT 70 DEGREES AND LOWLAND NEPS (WHICH I AM KEEPING) NEED ABOUT 80 I THINK. BUT DOES ANYBODY KNOW AN INESPENSIVE WAY TO HEAT UP A TERRARIUM OR ITS MY LIGHTS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HEAT OR REDOING MY TERRARIUM THANK YOU:boogie: :hail: :water:

P.S. (I KNOW A 10 GALLON TANK IS TO SMALL FOR NEPS BUT JUST FOR A MONTH OR 2 UNTIL I GET MY 60 GALLON TANK)

Last edited:
I JUST KEEP THE FLUORESCENT LIGHTS ON FOR 16 HOURS A DAY. THEY OPERATE AT 40°C

I DO BUT IT IS THE SAME IS IT THE ROOM TEMP OR ... ALSO CAN ANYBODY SHOW ME PICS OF THERE TERRARIUM SO I CAN GET AN IDEA

I DO BUT IT IS THE SAME IS IT THE ROOM TEMP OR ... ALSO CAN ANYBODY SHOW ME PICS OF THERE TERRARIUM SO I CAN GET AN IDEA

Here you go:

First, push the capslock button so the light on your keyboard is "off."

Second, click the search button in the top right of the screen and type in "terrarium pics." There are two posts on the first page and then on the second page the top four posts listed are "terrarium pics" or some variation of that.

Third, you could try a fan to get some air movement.

xvart.

Raise the plants slightly on eggcrate, fill the bottom with a few gallons of water, and get a small submersible water heater. This keeps the nighttime temps within range as well.

Back