What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting Question

Well I am going to move my binatas,capensis,anglica,drosera coming and other drosera into my 55 soon,the lights are GE aqurium(my dad said he'd pay for the extra costs,I wanted the general use ones) so if I make the drosera 6 inches from the light(4 foot 2 tubes 80 watts total) since the GE plant & Aquarium are catered torwards plants(more PAR right ?) I should be able to keep my drosera colourful and happy right ? IF possible I'll try to fit another smaller 1 tube 4 footer then i'll have 2 GE plant & aquarium and a reddish general use for coloration'(do i even need that for better color?) My drosera a multiplying soo fast they need room.......
Whats in the tank right now are like a lot of neps so they need to go into my closet(on a shelf) and keep them going using cfls since the spaces are 2X2 per shelf,should I use 2 per shelf or one ? Or do you have a suggestion ? Since it is a closet they will be humid like the tank,the closet is small so it will be warmer for the intermediats(CFLS;the warm colored ones heat the closet up,they grow my lettuce and drosera in the 10 gallon)
I greatly apreciate the help;I am sorta lighting newbie

Back