What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

would this work?

• A 9 watt full spectrum fluorescent lamp simulates the sun's rays for optimum growth.
• Adjustable stem accommodates plants from 4" to 12" or increases and decreases light intensity.

just wondering if that would work for my cps...let me know thank you!
theres more to the lamp but i was wondering if just those 2 would work...

maybe some drosera
but much of anything else, i doubt it.
9 watt is a bit low
i am using a 26watt and still having some problems, and now im having a 400 watt light on the way
Dionaea Muscipula, Pinguicula, Sarracenia, Cephalotus, Nepenthes, or anything else i would imagine wouldnt go anywhere in that i dont think.
you can try and prove me wrong though, but i would be careful and keep an eye on them so they dont go off and die
your best bet is to go to home depot
and buy an 8 dollar pre-wired shoplight fixture and get some day-light fluorescent tubes or cool-white i believe is what they are.
i use a single 26watt repti-glo exo terra reptile bulb. and i am doing fine for now.
but my collection is increasing rapidly

9 watts was barely enough for my D. adelae...

9 watts is weaksauce. Some of my neps are placed so they get light at a distance of no more than 1' from 6 40 watt bulbs...

Back