What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 gallon tank.

johnnyfrye

I like drosera.
I just got a 10 gallon tank and I want it to be well lit. I have 2 long 40 watt flourescents over the main tank and also 2 small twisty bulbs on each side. Is this enough for my pings and Drosera to be colored up??

I also want to know where I should put the Schizandra I'm getting. Should it be directly under the long bulbs and twistys or to the side?

???

Use 2 100 watt equivilant warm/GE general purpose/day time or something like that,
I use 2 for my 10 gallon tank my drosera love it they love it so much grow out of control.
There is absolutely NO need for the other 2 foot long flourscent fixtures.
IF you have small spiral CFLs get the large 36 watt ones or the 100 watt equivalant.
I have one for each half of the tank,be carefull they will heat your tank up to 80F but it does
not bother any of my drosera(I have almost all of my drosera on my growlist in the tank)
Your Schizandra would get toasted,they like minimal light and high humidty,you could put it in a fish bowl and it could catch a Very small amount of light from the tank.
As a bonus you can grow small cps outside of the tank like smaller nepenthes,drosera,pings,urtics or whatever

Yep, what he said. The GE CFL's are available at WalMart for about $6.50 a pair in a 6500K color. Mine are just screwed into the aquarium hood.

the schizandra should be in the deepest shade there is. I would see how the lights you have work first. It sounds like enough light for a 10 gallon to me, especially if you're growing the sisters from queensland.

Back