What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Very First

• Thread starter upper
  • Start date

upper

Capensis Killer
first one that i'm actually proud of :D
DSC00150.jpg

DSC00155-1.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

what do you think?
its raining really hard so i'll put it outside when the rain stops.

yeah it is raining hard its a bit windy too

Look good to me for dormant plants :) but I may be partial hahaha

good job potting them up, looks like pro work! Seems to me alot of people new to cps either want to plant them too deep or too shallow, those look just right. good work. :) Just wait till they wake up! :drool:

Andy said a few days of rain wont hurt them. if you keep em inside cause its raingi it might wake them up oput of dormancy if its warm inside your house.

oh and, when do they wake up.

acutally I think they will be fine go ahead nad keep em inside.
if you have a unheted room that would be ideal for shelter from the rain.

Actually, Andy said he thought protecting them from overly heavy wind/rain would be a good idea, and being inside for a few days wouldn't hurt them. Keep them in a cool window with some decent light until outside gets better. They won't wake up from a few days of warmer weather... if you actually have warmer weather than my g/h anyway- currently i'm getting days of 80 and nights in the 50s... They'll be fine. :)
Andrew

okay, cool i'll keep it until the rain stop, the humidity will rise up like crazy... unless its the super wind again.

I told you that Sarr would be fine :)

looks nice! I think... :-(
what little I could see looks nice anyway..
I waited a few hours for the photos to load and eventually just hit "stop" because I got tired of waiting, so I didnt see all the photos..(ok, thats a slight exaggeration, but not much..and I have DSL!)

to everyone,
please resize your photos before posting.
everyone will love you for it.
:beer:
640 pixels wide is perfect for internet use..

they show up on the screen without scrolling side-to side, and the MUCH smaller filesize makes them load quickly..even for those on dial-up.

thanks,
Scot

I have kept a small mini bog in heavy rain but i flooded with floating drosera and whatnot. I love keeping an outdoor bog thing. Just find/build a wood planter then staple some thinck plastic around the edges trying to hide them making sure it is 1 foot deep for 5 inches for drosera. If you have nasty weather you could always take them in. Binatas,capensis,dionea,sarrs,ping,urtics and other do well just rmove the non temperate plants in the winter and but them somewhere like a tank

Back