What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a few misc indoor plant pics

just a few of this and that, no theme...

first a few Helis... the first one was an Ebay purchase from last summer

heterodoxa_x-_minor.jpg

the next two are Tequilas, I believe they are clones B and C, just not sure which is which.. the one in the second image was a gift that arrived this morning :)

tequila.jpg

tequilaB.jpg

a couple newly aquired "micro" neps

new_argentii.jpg

new_aristo.jpg

another "micro", my N. talangensis

talangensis.jpg

talangensis_pitcher.jpg

My fav dew which started branching last year for some reason

D_graomogolensis.jpg

and finally another new light, I bought a 4 bulb T5 about a month ago, thought I would try a 6 bulb as well, this is it from the top view... and yeah I know, cheesey wiring...needs a romex adapter to look professional, oh well I didnt have one handy :blush:

6bulbt5.jpg

thx for looking
Butch

truly fantastic as usual mate. Those cephs, those helis, those neps! PERFECT! you truly have a way to make ppl jealous. :)

Wonderful pictures! I really like the d. graomogolensis! Great looking helis also!

Great helis! thanks for sharing.

I dig that D. graomogolensis! What temps do you grow that in?

Clint

Thanks for all the nice comments... I don't have a big collection but I am quite proud of what little I do have.. of those pictured the cephs have been with me the longest. The helis have only been in the last year or two and finally now Varun (and Clint) have "forced" me to get some neps... I've agreed as long as they were micro :-))

ahhh the Drosera graomogolensis, it never fails to get oooooohhhhhs and ahhhhhs, its always been one of my favs.... guess Ive had it 4 or 5 yrs now??, I'm not really sure

Clint, it loves highland conditions... very cool (loves the 50's), very bright and very humid... in one of the pics you can see where I cut the center out of a 2L pop bottle and use it as a small micro environment chamber, regardless of light if it ain't humid it ain't happy and it ain't dew'n

I don't know why it started with this new growth pattern.... it just did. If it wasn't my only specimen I would try to separate it out... but I'm gun shy.

It flowered last year, but no seed... Ive tried leaf cuttings a few times (various methods), but no luck... its no wonder this species is so uncommon (if someone has been successful, please share your method with me :) )

there is an Eastern European source that I am aware of, maybe Ill order one and see if it arrives alive... I dunno, but I sure would like another one .... this one came from Sundew Matt some time back (Matt are you listening hint hint hint LOL)

Av

Amazing plants. The D. graomogolensis is quite an amazing little creation.

loving the D. Graomogolensis!

Update:

After just one week the new H. 'Tequila' has already recovered from shipment and transplanting. It is now rapidly acclimating and showing new growth.

Gotta Luv Those Tequilas!

Last week:
tequilaB.jpg

This week:
new_tequila2_1week.jpg

new_tequila_1week.jpg

Av

my young helis, these three are Wistuba clones

chimantensis.jpg

pulchella2.jpg

minor.jpg

Av

wow B! they look fantastic. Great job buddy! Keep doing whatever you are doing....they seem to be loving it. :)

Those wistuba clones are amazing!

Nice recovery time! The sun pitchers are much more resilient than people give them credit for.

Very Nice AV. Thanks for sharing :).

Nice recovery time! The sun pitchers are much more resilient than people give them credit for.

Very true, especially the 'Tequila'... very forgiving and easy to grow, excellent beginner's Heliamphora and as a bonus it's also one of the nicest looking IMHO

Thanks all :)
Av

Very true, especially the 'Tequila'... very forgiving and easy to grow, excellent beginner's Heliamphora and as a bonus it's also one of the nicest looking IMHO

Thanks all :)
Av

yeah....but its hard to get as well. ???

tell me bout it.... I looked for about 9 months for my first one before some kind person offered me one of theirs (some renowned NECPS Heli Guru :) )

since then Ive been approached by a couple of the major vendors wanting to know if I had any Id like to get rid of.... bet I can guess why ;)

as we say around there, they are rarer then teats on a boar hog

(on this side of the pond anyways...)

Av

lol! true! true!! ;)

Back