What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

acclimating

i don't know where to put this thread (mods, please plazce if in wrong forums thing) Well i was forced to put my tropical plants on a rack near the window and wanted to know how i should acclimate them and i don't want them to die. They need to be used to low humidity and lower light levels. any help is ok also next week i will be getting some more plants and need to acclimate those plants too. what should i do?:-( ??? :help: :water: :cry:

not enough information..

what conditions were the plants in before?
light
humidity
temperature.

and what will the new conditions be on the windowsill?

what kind of plants?

Scot

tropical utrics, neps, dews,genlisea, and baby plants;before: 70 farenhiegt ; 90% humidity; 16 hours strong cfl;now: 60-70 farenhiegt; 10 hours of light natural; 80-90% humidity; need to be used to these new conditions for winter and fall. For summer and spring it will be like the terrarium but natural. also can lowland neps grow like that?

again. it depends on which neps, dews ect. a ventrata will be happy but a rajah wont. and a capensis will be happy but a graminifolia wont.

Alex

tropical utrics, neps, dews,genlisea, and baby plants;before: 70 farenhiegt ; 90% humidity; 16 hours strong cfl;now: 60-70 farenhiegt; 10 hours of light natural; 80-90% humidity; need to be used to these new conditions for winter and fall. For summer and spring it will be like the terrarium but natural. also can lowland neps grow like that?

those conditions sounds basically identical to me..
no major differences at all.

temp and humidity is essentially the same.

duration of light is less in the window (10 hours compared to 16 hours)
but sunlight is much brighter than artificial lights,
so overall amount of light is probably the same.

I wouldnt worry about it..
the plants will probably adapt fine.

the only "iffy" plants would be the lowland neps..
they probably wouldnt be happy in the winter on a windowsill..
too dark, too dry and too cool..

everything else should be fine.

Scot

you window has 80-90% humidity??? thats insane...

Alex

they are in ziplock baggies to keep humidity trying to acclimated to lower light and humidity

yah they are almost done acclimating!!!!!!!!!!

Back